Are you looking for a meaningful career? Would you like the opportunity to become a dedicated Support Worker, helping individuals with learning disabilities live the best life possible?
Annual Leave: 33 days (including 8 days statutory bank holidays)
Wage incentives: 20% bank holidays’ allowance with an increased rate of 50% for Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day. 10% Overtime allowance for hours worked over 37.5 per week.
Pension: Auto enrolment scheme
Apprenticeships: Earn whilst gaining a fully funded Level 2 Diploma in Health & Social Care
Training: Access to award winning training and development
Wagestream: Allows you to flexibly access your pay throughout the month and utilise a range of financial support, through its dedicated app
Aviva Digicare + workplace: Access to wellbeing services including health checks, Digital GP and mental health support.
TELUS health: A 24/service, completely confidential counselling and support platform and helpline that is free for all colleagues to use.
Discounted mobile phone contracts. As an Hft employee, you’ll be able to take advantage of Vodafone’s Employee Advantage programme, giving you up to 30% off.
Care Friends: Employee referral app – earn money for referring your friends to work for Hft.
Retention bonus: £250 every 6 months for the first 2 years of service
Free life assurance – 3 x your annual salary
Family friendly policies – term time only contracts, part time, annualised and compressed hours. Generous return to work bonus following maternity leave.
Long service and going the extra mile awards - A way to say thank you to colleagues
Free DBS check
We are looking for Support Workers to join our growing team in Harwell, Oxfordshire. Experience is not essential as we will provide you with support and training to become a confident Support Worker. Hft is a charity that supports adults with learning disabilities. We believe in a world where anyone with a learning disability can live within their community with all the choice and support they need to live the best life possible. We are looking for people who are naturally caring and compassionate and align with our values.
Our services in Harwell are busy and fun places to work. Every day is different and you will support people to develop their skills and support them with all of their needs.You will need to have a full UK driving license as public transport is restricted in Harwell.
The people we support have complex needs, and you will be expected to assist in the following:
* Manual Handling – This includes supporting with hoists and wheelchairs.
* Intimate Personal Care – Assisting people in using the toilet, bathing, and dressing.
* Full support for people with Dysphagia, Dementia, Epilepsy, and physical impairments.
* General support with all aspects of day to day living and any healthcare needs i.e. taking medication.
* Supporting people to go out into the community. This may include: Searching for and creating fun things for people to do, using both public transport (Buses) and the car/s to travel into the community, and walking to planned activities and events.
What will you be doing?
- Giving the highest possible standards of support to individuals with moderate to severe learning disabilities.
- Supporting them to discover new interests, reaching goals like travelling and holidays and working positively with their families and friends.
- Everything you do will enable people to have choices about their own lives, providing flexible services that meet people’s needs, and always looking for the best way of doing things.
This is your opportunity to make a real difference to people's lives. Full and part time opportunities are available. You will need to have flexibility to work shifts, including sleep in nights, weekends and bank Holidays.
- Supported Living – supporting individuals with learning disabilities and physical illnesses.
- Location – Harwell, Oxfordshire.
- Pay Rate: £11.30 Per Hour (basic rate + allowances) plus £1000 retention bonus paid during the first 2 years of employment (£250 every 6 months*).
- Working hours – early, day, late shifts and some weekends
- Pay rate is £11.60 Per Hour after 2 years of service
- Sleep ins at the service are: £54 + 12.07% (holiday pay).
Find your place with us and change lives.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive sufficient applications.
Hft's usual terms and conditions apply. Hft is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. As a Disability Confident Employer, Hft is helping to ensure that disabled people have the same opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations that people without disabilities do. Successful applicants will need to undertake an enhanced disclosure check against the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Having a criminal record may not bar you from employment.