We are looking for Support Practitioners to join our friendly and welcoming team here at Hft. This is your chance to make a real difference to the lives of people with profound learning disabilities and other complex health needs.
A professional qualification in health and social care is essential. In addition, you must also have previous experience supporting individuals within a social care, or health environment. We want you to be a compassionate and friendly individual, who shares our values.
What matters most is a positive attitude to life and a desire to support people to live their life with as much independence, choice, dignity and control as possible. You will need to be able to adapt to the communication styles of others and have a practical, caring approach to support with physical health needs. Computer literacy is a necessity, as the role requires you to retrieve and record information using a variety of IT systems. You will use your expertise to enhance people’s lives and improve your practice. Report writing will also be required. The ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, listening to and supporting your colleagues is essential.
What will you be doing?
The purpose of your role is to give the highest possible standards of support to individuals with profound learning disabilities and other physical health conditions. This is a varied and responsible role. As well as assisting with personal care and sensory needs, you will support individuals with their physical health eg PEG feeding, suction, physiotherapy and medication. You will also carry out everyday household tasks. You will help people to engage in everyday home, social and leisure interests, reaching goals like travelling or holidays and working positively with their families and friends.
Your person-centred approach will enable people to have choices about their own lives. You will work with external health professionals to deliver a service model that promotes and reflects evidence-based practice. At Hft we are always looking for the best way of doing things and you will liaise with external professionals and families to ensure positive outcomes.
What’s in it for you?
There are a range of benefits and career development opportunities at Hft. We’ll give you a comprehensive induction, full training, and support along the way.
With Investors in People and Skills for Care accreditation we are committed to investing in you to ensure you have the specialist skills and expertise needed to support people to live the best life possible.
- Annual Leave: 33 days (including 8 days statutory bank holidays)
- Wage incentives: 20% bank holidays’ allowance with an increased rate of 50% for Christmas Day and New Year’s Day. 10% Overtime allowance for hours worked over 37.5 per week.
- Apprenticeships: Earn whilst gaining a fully funded Level 2 Diploma in Health & Social Care
- Training: Access to award winning training and development
- Wagestream: Allows you to flexibly access your pay throughout the month and utilise a range of financial support, through its dedicated app
- Aviva Digicare + workplace: Access to wellbeing services including health checks, Digital GP and mental health support.
- TELUS health: A 24/service, completely confidential counselling and support platform and helpline that is free for all colleagues to use.
- Discounted mobile ‘phone contracts. As an Hft employee, you’ll be able to take advantage of Vodafone’s Employee Advantage programme, giving you up to 30% off.
- Care Friends: Employee referral app – earn money for referring your friends to work for Hft.
- Free life assurance – 3 x your annual salary
- Family friendly policies – term time only contracts, part time, annualised and compressed hours. Generous return to work bonus following maternity leave.
Find your place with us and change lives.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive sufficient applications.
Hft's usual terms and conditions apply. Hft is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. As a Disability Confident Employer, Hft is helping to ensure that disabled people have the same opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations that people without disabilities do. Successful applicants will need to undertake an enhanced disclosure check against the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Having a criminal record may not bar you from employment.