Contract: 6 months fixed-term
Location: Emerson's Green, Bristol
#Care to join us?
We are looking for a Receptionist to join our Friendly and Welcoming team at Hft, on a fixed-term basis. This is your chance to make a real difference to people's lives.
Hft is a charity that supports adults with learning disabilities. We believe in a world where anyone with a learning disability can live within their community with all the choice and support they need to live the best life possible. We are looking for people who are naturally caring and compassionate and align with our values.
What’s in it for you?
There are a range of benefits and career development opportunities at Hft. We’ll give you a comprehensive induction, full training, and lots of support along the way.
With Investors in People and Skills for Care accreditation we are committed to investing in you to ensure you have the specialist skills and expertise needed to support people to live the best life possible. As a “Gold” standard Investors in People accredited employer, we are committed to supporting colleague wellbeing as a priority.
Annual Leave: 33 days pro rata (including 8 days statutory bank holidays)
Training: Access to award winning training and development
Wagestream: Allows you to flexibly access your pay throughout the month and utilise a range of financial support, through its dedicated app
Aviva Digicare + workplace: Access to wellbeing services including health checks, Digital GP and mental health support.
TELUS health: A 24/service, completely confidential counselling and support platform and helpline that is free for all colleagues to use.
Discounted mobile ‘phone contracts. As an Hft employee, you’ll be able to take advantage of Vodafone’s Employee Advantage programme, giving you up to 30% off.
Care Friends: Employee referral app – earn money for referring your friends to work for Hft.
Free life assurance – 3 x your annual salary
About the role
The key purpose of the role is to provide reception service and administration support at our Head Office in Bristol. You will also support our Housing Services team with any required administrative duties or project support.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- *To manage telephone calls in an efficient and professional manner, recording clear and concise messages as necessary
- *Assist in maintaining an up to date telephone / address directory and contact database
- *Assist in ensuring the main reception area is tidy and welcoming to visitors, employees and customers
- *To manage the enquiries and reception email box and respond to queries in accordance to timescales and service level agreements
- *Carry out general administrative duties and provide administrative support as required
- *To undertake any other housing related administration as directed by the Head of Housing Services
- *To assist with any projects as directed by the Head of Housing Services
- -You will have experience of working in an office reception
- -You will have experience of using Microsoft Office packages such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- -You will have good interpersonal skills and a proven ability to communicate effectively at all levels with a diverse range of customers
- -You will have excellent attention to detail with the ability to work under pressure, deliver to strict deadline and manage conflicting priorities
- -You will have the ability to prioritise and work on own initiative and part of a multi-disciplinary team and work to deadlines
- -You will be comfortable working independently and with little supervision
- -You will have a basic understanding of Health and Safety and be comfortable with overlooking building security
For more information, please refer to the job description and person spec below.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive sufficient applications.
Hft's usual terms and conditions apply. Hft is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. As a Disability Confident Employer, Hft is helping to ensure that disabled people have the same opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations that people without disabilities do. Successful applicants will need to undertake an enhanced disclosure check against the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Having a criminal record may not bar you from employment.