Are you looking for a meaningful career? Would you like the opportunity to become a dedicated Support Worker, helping individuals with learning disabilities live the best life possible?
We are looking for Support Workers to join our growing team in Morpeth, Newcastle. Experience is not essential as we will provide you with support and training to become a confident Support Worker. Hft is a charity that supports adults with learning disabilities. We believe in a world where anyone with a learning disability can live within their community with all the choice and support they need to live the best life possible. We are looking for people who are naturally caring and compassionate and align with our values.
The Hft Day Opportunities in Morpeth Northumberland creates opportunities for the people we support to take part in things they enjoy doing, and help them make choices about when and where they do them. The Support Workers at Hft Day Opportunities empower the people we support to lead the lives they want and to fulfil their potential. We support people to find hobbies they enjoy and help them to improve their skills while setting and achieving personal goals to take control of their lives
At the day service we focus on helping individuals to engage in different leisure, educational or work-related activities, all according to their personal choice. Examples of potential opportunities include community allotment projects, cookery sessions, art and theatre classes, sports sessions, coastal and forests schools, volunteering placements and work experience.
Wage incentives: 20% bank holidays’ allowance with an increased rate of 50% for key dates over Christmas.
Training: Access to award winning training and development
Wagestream: Allows you to flexibly access your pay throughout the month and utilise a range of financial support, through its dedicated app
Aviva Digicare + workplace: Access to wellbeing services including health checks, Digital GP and mental health support
TELUS health: A 24/service, completely confidential counselling and support platform and helpline that is free for all colleagues to use.
Discounted mobile ‘phone contracts. As an Hft employee, you’ll be able to take advantage of Vodafone’s Employee Advantage programme, giving you up to 30% off.
Care Friends: Employee referral app – earn money for referring your friends to work for Hft.
GEM Awards: GEMS are a way to say thank you to colleagues
What will you be doing?
- Giving the highest possible standards of support to individuals with moderate to severe learning disabilities.
- Supporting them to discover new interests, reaching goals like travelling and holidays and working positively with their families and friends.
- Helping individuals to engage in different leisure, home or work-related activities, all according to their personal choice.
- As a Support Worker (Care Assistant), your responsibilities are varied and no two days are the same.
- As well as providing physical and emotional support you may be needed to help with household tasks and personal care as well as supporting individuals with healthcare needs, e.g. taking medication.
- Everything you do will enable people to have choices about their own lives, providing flexible services that meet people’s needs, and always looking for the best way of doing things.
This is your opportunity to make a real difference to people's lives. A full UK driving licence is essential for this role. Though you do not need your own vehicle. You will drive a Hft vehicle to pick up or drop off the people we support, helping them to make their way to or from the Day Service, and, on occasion, to attend community-based activities during the day You will need to have flexibility to work shifts, including sleep in nights, weekends and bank holidays.
- Type of service – Day Services - supporting individuals with learning disabilities.
- Location – Morpeth, Newcastle
- Salary information – (include pay rate) plus £1000 retention bonus paid during the first 2 years of employment (£250 every 6 months*).
- Working hours – Day shifts only
Find your place with us and change lives.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive sufficient applications.
Hft's usual terms and conditions apply. Hft is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. As a Disability Confident Employer, Hft is helping to ensure that disabled people have the same opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations that people without disabilities do. Successful applicants will need to undertake an enhanced disclosure check against the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Having a criminal record may not bar you from employment.