Unlock Your Potential with Hft: Apprenticeship Opportunities in Support Work
Are you ready to embark on a fulfilling career in care? Join Hft's Apprenticeship Programme and learn from experienced Support Workers while gaining a recognised Level 2 qualification in Health and Social Care. This 13–18-month apprenticeship offers on-the-job training and the support of a dedicated Skills Coach from our apprenticeship provider.
What Does Support Work Involve?
As a Support Worker, you'll provide exceptional support to individuals with moderate to severe learning disabilities. Your role may include assisting them in discovering new interests, achieving goals like travel, and fostering positive relationships with their families and friends. You will also provide physical and emotional support as well as assisting with personal care/healthcare needs.
If you have a positive attitude and a passion for supporting others to live independently with dignity and choice, this role is perfect for you.
Why Choose an Apprenticeship with Hft?
- Be part of a fantastic, supportive, and dedicated team.
- Earn a full salary while learning on the job.
- Gain insights into the life of a Support Worker.
- Contribute to providing the best possible life for individuals with learning disabilities.
What's In It for You?
- £1000 bonus during your first 2 years with Hft - 250 every 6 months – subject to T&Cs
- Annual Leave: 33 days (including 8 days statutory bank holidays)
- Wage incentives: 20% bank holidays’ allowance with an increased rate of 50% for Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day. 10% Overtime allowance for hours worked over 37.5 per week.
- Pension: Auto enrolment scheme
- Training: Access to award winning training and development
- Wagestream: Allows you to flexibly access your pay throughout the month and utilise a range of financial support, through its dedicated app.
- Aviva Digicare + workplace: Access to wellbeing services including health checks, Digital GP and mental health support.
- TELUS health: A 24/service, completely confidential counselling and support platform and helpline that is free for all colleagues to use.
- Discounted mobile phone contracts. As an Hft employee, you’ll be able to take advantage of Vodafone’s Employee Advantage programme, giving you up to 30% off.
- Care Friends: Employee referral app – earn money for referring your friends to work for Hft.
- Free life assurance – 3 x your annual salary
- Family friendly policies – term time only contracts, part time, annualised and compressed hours. Generous return to work bonus following maternity leave.
- Long service and going the extra mile awards - A way to say thank you to colleagues.
What Are the Next Steps?
Click apply now, upload your CV and a member of our recruitment team will get in touch with you shortly. We look forward to speaking with you.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive sufficient applications.
Hft's usual terms and conditions apply. Hft is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. As a Disability Confident Employer, Hft is helping to ensure that disabled people have the same opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations that people without disabilities do. Successful applicants will need to undertake an enhanced disclosure check against the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Having a criminal record may not bar you from employment.